The American Association for Museum Volunteers is the only professional organization dedicated to supporting volunteer managers in the museum sector.
In addition to the member benefits listed below, by becoming a member you access have to a network of professionals in the field and member-only resources through our website. Some of the benefits include:
- A quarterly newsletter packed with useful information and articles
- Access to members-only online content for creating, sustaining, and growing a museum volunteer program. Including: a members-only forum, the members-only Volunteer Voices podcast, sample forms and documents, as well as access to past editions of AAMV newsletters
- Discount towards registration costs for AAMV-AAM partner webinars
- Access to information on best practices in creating and sustaining a museum volunteer program
- Opportunities to take part in workshops and panel discussions at regional, state and national conferences
- Access to state and regional AAMV representatives as well as a nationwide network of volunteer professionals and experienced volunteers
- Advance notice of AAMV publications, plus notifications about workshops, presentations, meetings, and other news in the field
To preview of our content: To access the latest edition of the AAMV newsletter click here, and the latest edition of Volunteer Voices click here.